Mountain Lions Program Coordinator
Fleet Feet Sports Boulder is looking to employ a new program coordinator for their elementary schools running program – Mountain Lions.
Mountain Lions is a 6-week XC afterschool running program in September and October, a 6-week afterschool track and field program in April and May and a 6- week summer running camp in June and July for kids aged 5 – 12 years of age.
The program coordinator will implement the above programs throughout Boulder County on behalf of Fleet Feet Sports Boulder. The role will include:
- Program objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and communicating with coaches, assistant coaches, parental volunteers and substitute coaches; communicating coaching expectations; and enforcing Boulder Valley School District policies and procedures. - Work alongside owner of Fleet Feet Sports to implement program objectives and manage any issues that arise throughout the season.
- Prepares and distributes a coaches manual and attendance sheets for use by all coaches; designs a training calendar for all coaches to follow; coordinates background checks for all coaches, assistant coaches and parental volunteers; and works with coaches to get coaches access to needed supplies and equipment.
- Organizes and implements a race registration process for all schools to get the participants to pre-register; creates race tags for all pre-registrants and groups by school or running club.
- Participates in all meets by handling all administrative and registration tasks and helping to coordinate volunteers.
- Maintains communications with all parents and responds promptly to parental, BVSD and coach concerns; works to solve any emerging issues.
- Enhances Fleet Feet Sports Boulder and BVSD reputation by accepting ownership for all aspects of the program and consistently marketing the program throughout Boulder County.
The position is part-time and previous experience in this field is preferred but not mandatory.
Please send resume to email@example.com before Monday January 4th, 2016.