Fleet Feet Boulder Part Time Sales Associate/ Apparel Buyer
Fleet Feet Boulder, is a locally owned and operated run specialty store. We have a welcoming environment where runners, walkers and fitness enthusiasts of all abilities receive unparalleled service and support. Fleet Feet Boulders mission is to help our customers find the right ''FIT'' in every facet of their active lifestyle. Fleet Feet Boulder is committed to enhancing and growing our local running and walking community, and we offer educational resources and training opportunities to assist them in achieving their fitness goals.
We have a part time position for an experienced, talented and strategic thinking Sales Associate and Apparel Buyer. This position has the responsibility for planning and purchasing our men’s and women’s running and athletic leisure apparel, as well as having the responsibility for managing our customer experience on the sales floor by engaging customers, problem-solving customer needs, creating an upbeat and inclusive atmosphere, and maintaining an attractive sales floor.
It's our philosophy at Fleet Feet Boulder that from proper fitting footwear, apparel and accessories, to events and programming, that we can help inspire our customers to walk, run and be fit, which ultimately changes their lives. The ideal candidate for this position will have a positive attitude, a tireless work ethic and an insatiable appetite to help us achieve this.
Responsibilities and duties for Apparel Buying include:
- Identify, analyze, and capitalize on running market and athletic leisure trends.
- Merchandise presentation direction and guidelines.
- Work with our shoe buyer on relevant vendor opportunities that may see footwear/ apparel pairing opportunities.
- Assist Operations Manager to achieving sales and turnover plans.
- Developing merchandise assortment by category and continually evaluate, analyze and adjust these assortments.
- Make key buying decisions that have an objective of providing our customers with great value and quality.
- Work with Operations Manager to resolve fulfillment and/or shipping problems in a timely manner.
- Monitor placed orders to ensure timely deliveries and update all staff on key dates.
Responsibilities and duties for a Sales Associate include:
- Work with customers to ensure proper fitting of footwear, apparel and sports bras utilizing our FITlosophy.
- Be proactive in learning the details of each shoe, apparel item, and accessory in the store as well as fit and function.
- Work one-on-one and as a team to ensure each customer receives a unique customer experience from the sales floor to the cash wrap.
- Build genuine relationships with customers through active listening.
- Determine the customer’s needs and offer suggestions or alternatives.
- Help to maintain organization, cleanliness, and restock storewide.
- Take on programs and projects as assigned.
- Be an ambassador for Fleet Feet Sports at all activities, functions, and happenings.
Qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or a related field required.
- Retail apparel and accessories buying experience preferred but not mandatory.
- Ability to work unpredictable hours, including some evenings and weekends.
- Excellent communication and decision-making skills.
- Commitment to continuous learning.
- Ability to lead in an environment of constant change.
- Strong analytical and statistical skills.
- Excellent negotiating skills.
- Self-starter, organized, detail oriented, flexible and adaptable.
- Strong sense of style and trends.
- Have consistent follow-up and follow-though discipline.
- Must be able to work effectively and cooperatively with other store personnel.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong computer skills.
To apply, please email the following to lee@fleetfeetboulder:
- A short cover letter
- 2 References
*Applications close June 26th.